7 Best Car Covers For Indoor and Outdoor Use 2019
Introduction To Best Vehicle Covers For Indoor and Outdoor Use
If you have a car, truck, van or suv that dearly care about, you probably should consider getting a car cover.. especially if you store away your vehicle for any period of time. The purpose of vehicle covers, is to protect them from exterior elements such as rain, snow, ice, hail, dust, leaves and much more. Each cover you look at probably is different in one way shape or form, such as overall length, the ability it can stretch, the material its made of etc.
In this full and in-depth guide, we’re going to dive deep into the best car covers you should get to have good protection and a bit of privacy from wary eyes. Below are some car cover reviews, diving into some important specifications of each cover. In addition, we picked them primarily because they are reasonable in price, have good overall satisfaction rates, and function the way they are supposed to.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When looking at particular car covers, keep in mind that some are not universal fit. Using an SUV cover on a regular sedan probably wont work out too well. And vise-versa…
Here’s 7 Best Car Covers To Buy Right Now
- Double stitch seams, Elastic hems, Snug fit car covers, Free cable lock, UV protection fabric, Free storage bag and Antenna patch
- Fits up to 144 Inches, Have water-proof 5 layers - 3 layers of spunbond polypropylene + 1 layer of micro-porous film + 1 layer of soft fleece, Reinforced seams, Superior breathability
- Designed for all weather conditions, Breathable fabric, Heat resistant, High quality material
- Fits full-size sedans 191" to 210" long, Antenna reinforcement patch, Non scratch tie down grommets, Three-year limited warranty
- Durable single-layer polypropylene protecting against dust, debris, UV exposure and more, Breathable material, Elasticized hem, Fits cars 200" L x 60" W x 51" H
- Durable single-layer polypropylene protecting against dust, debris, UV exposure and more, Improves airflow and reduces condensation, Fits SUVs 186" L x 59" W x 60" H
- Durable 1 Layer Dust Cover, Improves airflow and reduces condensation, Dimensions: 17 x 13 x 7 inches
7. OxGord Economy Auto Cover Custom SUV, Van and Trucks
Coming in as our #7 cover for automobiles, its the OxGord Economy Auto Cover. This product in particular is made entirely for SUV’s, VAN’s and Trucks. You can choose the overall length of the cover, based on the length of your vehicle. An easy place to find out of your vehicles overall length, is Edmunds.com.
The sizes this auto cover comes in is from as short as 171 inches long to as much as 229 inches long. You’ll be protected from dust and with the tie down grommets, you’ll have protection from the wind (in case you store your vehicle outside). At around 25 dollars, you can’t go wrong. We recommend this for anyone who has a truck, van or SUV. Below you’ll be able to see the current best price.
6. Budge Lite Medium SUV Cover
Moving down to our #6 contestant, for the best vehicle covers to get… its the Budget Lite SUV Cover. This one in particular, is made of a polypropolene synthetic material. You will get protected common outside elements such as UV rays, dust, bird waste and moisture (such as light rain).
While this cover is the most basic type for SUV’s, it’s quite honestly the only thing you’d need most of the time. On and off application isn’t difficult since the entire cover weighs less than 4 lbs. Being elastic, you’ll have some wiggle room when applying on this cover.
Lastly, as for the size of SUV you can use this cover on, you’ll have an initial choice of 162, 186, 210 and 229 inches. Each of those (in order) works for small suv’s, medium suv’s, full size suv’s, and large suv’s. Click below to see the current best price.
5. Budge Lite Sedan Car Cover
Now, moving on to covers for cars. Here we have our #5 contestant, the Budge Lite Car Cover. This one in particular comes in a wide verity of sizes, from as little as 157 inches, to 170 inches, 200 inches, 228 inches, and a whopping 264inches long. This cover is meant for big family sedans (if get the right size).
The cover itself has double stitched seams for long durability (even against mother natures elements). You’ll get a storage bag for when you’re not using this cover. On top of that, this cover will protect you from basic exterior elements such as UV rays, dust, water, and even wind.
The good thing with this cover compared to some others, is it costs mostly the same whether you get the small size, medium size or the large size. Click below to see the current best price for this vehicle cover.
4. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro Full Size Sedan Car Cover
When it comes to heavy duty car covers that can withstand some serious elements, Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro III for mid sized sedans is the way to go. This one in particular is made specifically for 4 door sedans.
What you get from this entire package is a length range between 175” inches to 210” inches long. The driver side door has a zipper for easy access, There’s an antenna reinforcement patch in case your vehicle has an permanently extended antenna. You can place this cover directly into the storage bag which is included.
You get all season protection, specifically from snow, rain, dust, dirt, wind and a lot more. Being elastic means you’ll have some wiggle room when fitting the cover onto your vehicle.
To see the current best price, click below.
3. Motor Trend AUTO ARMOR All Weather Proof Universal Fit Car Cover
Don’t get the MotorTrend confused with this Motor Trend. Coming in as our #4 best car cover to get, is the Motor Trend Auto Armor All Weather Proof Coupe and Sedan Cover. This one comes in sizes ranging from small, medium, large, x-large, and xx-large.
Outside elements such as rain, storm, uv rays, tree sap and bird dropping stand no chance against this cover. But wait, there’s more. You also get a heat resistance. That means storing your vehicle in direct sunlight won’t harm your paint or leave the interior as hot.
Lastly, the fabric is breathable to fight toff mildly and corrosion. Overall cost is quite reasonable at 30-40 dollars. You can click below to see the current best price.
2. OxGord Signature Waterproof Car Cover
Now, we’ve moved down to our #2 most recommended car cover to get the OxGord Signature Car Cover Read-Fit-Semi Custom. This one in particular is made for vehicles as small as a Mazda Miata. This cover is ready to use right from the bag, good on both 2 door and 4 door automobiles.
Some of the things that are included with this cover are 5 layers of stormproof protection, allowing you to stave off both snow, rain and fog condensation. The reflective and breathable materials protect your interior as well as exterior from Ultra Violet rays (that make your paint oxidize and can make your interior crack and fade over time).
Tie down grommets and reinforced seems help to keep this cover on your vehicle, even in the event of high winds. There’s 7 sizes available, allowing you to fir vehicles ranging from 97” inches long to as much as 229” inches long.
Click below to see the current best deal.
1. XCAR Universal Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover
The car cover we recommend the most is the XCAR Universal Sedan and Hatch Automotive Cover. We love this cover primarily because it fits the most important criteria we set for each of the products we reviewed. They are:
- Affordability, this one can be had for 30 dollars (give or take).
- Features, this cover includes a cable and lock for proper security from wind.
- Protection from elements, this cover is not only protecting you from moisture, dust and other debris, but also from UV rays which can harm your paint over time
Length of this cover can be selected from 170-185, 185-200 and 200-228. Elastic hems allow the cover to be snug fit and have little to no loose areas.
Click below to see the current best price.
Additional Buyers Guides You May Like: